The Kindle Cloud Reader brings books to the web browser

Well, here we go. Amazon has released the Kindle Cloud Reader, which is an e-reader that runs within multiple browsers (I use Google Chrome). That means I can buy a book and read it on my laptop. I don't have to buy an e-reader (like a Kindle) if I don't want to.

I just took the leap. I installed the Kindle Cloud Reader on my laptop, which was a completely painless experience. I then purchased an e-copy of Craig Groeschel's book The Christian Atheist. I cannot hold this book or enjoy that special "book smell," and I can't mark it up in pencil. I'm not sure what to make of this! I plan to read the book and experiment with making electronic notes on its pages. I don't have a Kindle reader. Maybe that will come soon. I don't think I want to look at books on my laptop for hours on end. But who knows? This is an experiment.

I still feel weird. Books are a huge part of my life, and when they go virtual, I feel like the ground is moving beneath my feet, and the sky is spinning. I am dizzy and confused. I think I better go sit down. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts

Why I have no hope of going to heaven

Ten essential Dallas Willard quotes

Connecting with God when it feels like nothing special is happening

A test of your relationship with God

Sympathy for the mocking Roman soldiers