Facebook and friendship

I signed up on Facebook today. It's weird. I want to connect with people, but the whole idea of requesting that someone be my "friend" makes me feel awkward. I guess it's the idealist in me.

I have resisted the Facebook phenomenon for a long time, partly because I am afraid of having another thing that demands time. But maybe this is worth it. After all, Facebook is all about connecting people. It's just that the medium of the internet makes human-to-human relationship slightly artificial. That's what I am trying to get used to.

Comments

Popular Posts

Why I have no hope of going to heaven

Ten essential Dallas Willard quotes

Connecting with God when it feels like nothing special is happening

Sympathy for the mocking Roman soldiers

A test of your relationship with God