Tuesday, Feb 9

Today I started the day having devotions with the Firefighters for Christ. I love those guys! And when we pray and worship together, I can feel God's presence. It really gets me ready for the day.

Then I led a Bible study for the older boys. We are going to work through Philippians, going as far as we get before I have to leave. The highlight of the morning: "he who began a good work in you will carry it through to completion..." This hopeful message from Scripture is critical for Haitians to hear following the earthquake. Many people lament that "Haiti is broken." But if God has intentions for Haiti, he will carry them through to completion. No earthquake can stop that.

I had the pleasure to run into a crew of media folks today. They spoke a good deal with Susette, and as we walked around, I ended up spending a good deal of time touring the orphanage with Rabbi Schmuley Boteach of This World (http://www.thisworld.us/) and Glen Megill of Rock of Africa (http://www.rockofafrica.org/). I might liken what went on to taking someone to Disneyland for the first time and seeing it anew through their eyes. Schmuley and Glen were getting their first encounter with what God is doing here, and they both sensed that this is the real deal. I am not boasting. Far from it! I think that what was really happening is that God was bearing witness to himself. Why did he choose to do that here? I don't know. I only know that he did. Both of our guests made comments indicating that they were deeply touched.

Afterward I sat and marveled at what I had just experienced. It was God at work, revealing himself to people who love him and are looking for signs of his presence. Now it was I who was deeply touched.

Late in the afternoon, the Firefighters for Christ wrapped up their trip with a church service in The Ben's. This service was preceded by visions and dreams. Three different people, including a local Haitian woman, had seen a vision of John, the team leader, preaching to a crowd of Haitians. He presented Christ in a clear and uncompromising way, and many people came forward asking for prayer.

The night was capped off with the kids performing the dances they had prepared for the Christmas show in December. Fun!

Comments

Popular Posts

Why I have no hope of going to heaven

Ten essential Dallas Willard quotes

Connecting with God when it feels like nothing special is happening

Sympathy for the mocking Roman soldiers

A test of your relationship with God